Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Quickie update

Jake had his 18 month well check.  He FREAKED.  Wow, he wanted nothing to do with anything.  Weighing him came down to me weighing myself (yuck), then weighing us together.  He came in around 22 lbs 8 ounces.  This put him in the 5-10 percentile which is down for him.  *sigh*  I chalk it up to our weaning and the fact that he pooped TWICE before we went :)  He squiggled and wiggled and screamed for his height check.  Somehow he was 31 inches.  WTH?  So that boosted him up to the 25th percentile.  I take it all with a grain of salt.  It was just an off day for him altogether. 

The best news about our visit?  His hemoglobin was up to 13.1!!!!!  Yes, you read that right!  I stopped giving him his iron supplements around the time that he weaned.  So this is all on his own.  I had the biggest smile on my face.  Jake... not so much.  That toe prick is what pisses him off more than anything.

Our ped finally showed a little interest in Jake's FPIES.  She said there's something on the medical boards that has popped up back east called FRIPES?  I think she's confused, personally.  I can't find ANYTHING about it.  However, she said it fit Jake to a T.  Well, so does FPIES, so I'll stick with our allergist and GI's diagnosis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment