Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wheat a minute...

This week kind of threw us for a loop.  Mama got sick.  Mama got really sickStomach virus.  I will spare the details. 

Millet got put on hold.

Housework got put on hold. 

Laundry was only done when everyone ran out of underwear. 

Pizza was ordered in. 

Wheat was re-introduced into my diet. 

This was my plan, eventually.  Just not yet.  However, when I hadn't eaten for 24 hours and the ONLY thing that sounded digestible was a piece of toast, I caved.  And nothing happened.  I barely ate more than bread for two days.  And Jake was fine. 

This Mama is no longer starving without bread and pasta. 

Maybe wheat will be a pass for us some day.  We won't be trying any time soon, however.  In the meantime, I will enjoy my shredded wheat for breakfast once again.  A sandwich for lunch every once in a while and some pasta at dinner if I feel like it. 

It's been about two months.  I'm proud of myself. 

Next I plan to re-introduce some hidden corn products.  Not yet, though.

We will get back to millet soon.  Once Jake is over this little cold.  Viruses are spreading like crazy around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment