Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sometimes the answer is simple

The last few days Jake has been CRANKY, with all caps.  No sleep at night, has to be constantly touching me all day, I can't be out of his sight for one second.  Crying when handed to someone else... reminding me of the few months when we didn't know why he was so upset, cranky, etc, before his diagnosis. 

I'm racking my brain...

Is it the orange juice I've been downing like water?  (fresh squeezed from the grandparents backyard)  He had that reaction to ascorbic acid, man-made vitamin C. 

Is it the new potato puffs he's been eating?  That I ordered 12 bags of... from Canada?

Is it this strange diaper rash he has in one little crease, but nowhere else?

Did he find one of the kids cheddar bunnies or some other crumb on the floor?

Is it the wheat I put back in my diet, finally causing problems?  It's been a month... I doubt it, but I'm grasping at straws here. 

Simple Answer:

Jake's sick.  He woke up with a 101 fever last night and a bad cough. Thankfully I had some Fever All left over from the last time he was sick.  Not sure what to do about the cough.  I've been trying to nurse him a lot.  He's not too interested.  I think we'll stick it out for a day or two.  If he gets any worse, we'll make the dreaded trip to the doctor's.

*sigh*  I supposed I should appreciate the simple answers every once in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment