Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Molars!

Jake has two new molars.  Screaming?  Molars.  Crankiness?  Molars.  I'm going to chalk it all up to molars.  New Passed Food?  Mi...  I don't want to jinx it, so I'm not "calling" it passed yet. 

Jake did spit up last night.  A very small amount.  But he slept WELL. Better than he's slept in a week.  The last week can only be described as the week from HELL.  I've been a walking zombie.  Up every 1-2 hours and FUSSY.  Him, not me.  Well, I might have been a little fussy. 

We've been on the go quite a bit.  He could have picked up anything.

 Last night at big bro's baseball game, in my moment of "must make Jake feel like a normal kid" and "how do you tell a 14 month old NO you can't have a taste of your sisters snow cone, you must sit and watch her eat her cherry/bubble gum flavored yumminess and by the way here have another potato puff".  No, I didn't let him have a taste of hers.  But I improvised.  He got a plain snow cone, with no syrup.  GENIUS!!  However, it did brush against his sisters as she carried it back from the concession stand.  It had a slight bit of cherry/bubble gum yumminess that I tried to brush off.  I doubt I got it all.  He was in heaven with his icy treat. 

Also, we ate out at the only place Jake can eat out.  In N Out Burger.  Thank you founders of the nothing frozen, all fresh ingredient fast food restaurant.  He could have picked something up off the tabletop as he gobbled his french fries (that contain no hidden ingredients and are fried in a fryer that only fries french fries *say that 10 times fast!).  Who knows.  He's happy today, he slept well last night. Perhaps he was just full of snow cone ice and french fries and the breast milk put him over the edge. 

This week we try yogurt.  He's had some tastes of my plain greek yogurt and LOVES it.  I plan to make some in my not so fancy yogurt maker.  It cost me $18 at the big blue box store.  Well worth it if it works.  I will keep y'all posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment