Friday, April 22, 2011

Supply down, Confidence up

My supply is going down.  It's obvious.  Jake has stopped nursing at night.  We're down to 4 or 5 times a day now.  At least half of the time he nurses he stops and says "More?" and signs more at the same time.  *sigh*.  Part of me wants to do all the tricks to increase supply again.  The selfish part of me says... finally.  I like nursing, I do.  I like nursing babies.  But he's a toddler.  With really sharp teeth.  It's starting to be really uncomfortable for me.  And he has plenty of dairy now.  I wish I could get him to actually drink regular milk... we're working on it. 

We don't go back to the allergist until June 1st.  I wonder if I should be supplementing?  While his menu is not large, it is well rounded.  I personally am not worried about his food intake right now.  But I am not a doctor. 

Jake's getting two top molars and two bottom incisors.  Ouch.  He is cranky.  Double Ouch. 

After our strawberry fail, I've been thinking a lot about corn.  Yes, corn.  So if strawberries were a fail... which I'm positive that they were... we only had a really bad diaper.  Had we continued, maybe it would get worse, but it was only one bad diaper.  He recouped quickly. 

I've been questioning his possible corn intolerance.  Looking back when I thought he was reacting to corn in my diet, I hadn't eliminated quinoa, which, according to his patch test, was a fail.  Corn was not.  I ate a lot of quinoa at the time.  But what about the ascorbic acid fail?  Was it corn?  The allergist said ascorbic acid could be derived from pineapple?  Gerber never got back to me on what their ascorbic acid is made from.  Was it cross contamination?  Were those pears processed on the same equipment as the oatmeal?  Or the chicken and rice?  So many unanswered questions. 

I've ramped up my corn intake.  No signs of tummy troubles.

Yesterday, Jake had some kettle corn. 

He was happy.  (minus the teething)

Today he will have some kettle corn again.  Maybe I'll pick up some Kix to help us continue this trial. 

I feel like getting aggressive with the FPIES after our minor fail of strawberries and our MAJOR pass of dairy.  Maybe our fails are not going to be as bad now that he's getting older? 

It seems like when I post something like this it bites me in the rear the next day.  I hope this time it doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment