Friday, April 15, 2011

Dairy - Winning!

I've been waiting to use that one!

I have finally given Jake a full serving of dairy.  No issues.  Nothing.  Nada.  He and dairy are holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

I made organic whole milk yogurt yesterday in my $18 Yogurt Maker.  It worked beautifully!  Perfect yogurt tang.  The face Jake made when trying it this morning was priceless.  It was more tolerable when I added a little sugar and coconut to it.  I have some Mango Sorbet leftover in my freezer.  I think it will be great mixed in with the yogurt! 

Jake ate about half of his little jar of yogurt, so I decided to take the rest and replace the canola oil in our Millet Pancake recipe.  I also replaced the 1/2 cup water with 1/2 cup organic whole milk.  They turned out fantastic!  Jake ate three of them.  Big Bro ate seven of them.  I'm not kidding... SEVEN.  This was after Jake and Big Bro had already eaten breakfast!

We are basking in dairy goodness over here. 

FPIES just got a little easier to tolerate.

P.S. I let Jake taste a little double chocolate frozen yogurt at a school fundraiser last night. 

P.P.S. I tried strawberries again.  He was fine. 

1 comment:

  1. hahahahah!!! Winning...I LOVE it.

    Glad to hear dairy is working out well!!

    ReplyDelete