Friday, May 6, 2011

Savory Zucchini Corn Muffins


I've been in a baking funk lately.  Maybe because it's getting hot here and I don't want to turn on my oven.  However, today I felt like putting together something with corn and dairy.  My Dad dropped off his first zucchini of the season this morning and it was enormous!  Just the inspiration I needed! 



Do you see the size of that thing? 

Zucchini Corn Muffins
½ Cup millet flour
½ Cup corn flour
1 Cup corn meal
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
¾ Cup buttermilk
2 eggs
¼ Cup canola oil
2 Tbsp water
1 Cup shredded zucchini
¾ Cup whole kernel corn
2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
½ Cup grated parmesan cheese
__________________________________________________________________
Preheat oven to 400 F.  Prepare muffin tins with paper muffins cups or lightly grease.  In large mixing bowl whisk together millet flour, corn flour, corn meal, baking powder and sea salt.  In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, oil and water.  Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until moistened.  Fold in zucchini, corn, basil and parmesan.  Spoon mixture into muffin tins.  Sprinkle extra parmesan on top if you like.  (I like!) Bake mini-muffins 15-20 minutes, or medium muffins 20-25 minutes until tops are golden.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool.  



1 comment: