Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Making passes...

I can't believe I will write these words but...

JAKE PASSED WHEAT!!

And because he's an over achiever like his siblings... I'm calling eggs a pass, too.  We've been trialing it off and on for a while.  Baked in treats, straight up scrambled style... We only had one incidence of a bad diaper.  We'll chalk that up to an "unknown" ingestion. 

Eggs and Wheat. 

I'm almost brave enough to try soy.  Almost.

We have our allergist appointment next week.  He's going to fall over when I list our passes.  I'm leaning towards asking for a patch test for the few things he failed when he was 8 months old.  Although the good old breast milk test seems to be working for us.   He's practically eating what we eat (slightly altered, of course). I really need to trial chicken. That's the other biggie we eat that he's just had bits and pieces of here and there. No real trial. However, chicken.. turkey... aren't they kinda the same? Nevertheless, he's doing great with his food options.

I see an end to our nursing coming soon.  There have been days I've only nursed him 2 or 3 times.  Most days we nurse 4 times. 

Update on our iron intake... he doesn't really like beef.  So I've been giving him his iron supplements.  I mix it into his yogurt or applesauce and he just makes a face.  It really makes his food taste like metal.  But he eats it.  We go back to the ped in two weeks for that test.  However, I think I'll ask the allergist to do a quick test next week to see if his numbers are any better. 

Side note:  Jake's becoming a pro at spoon feeding himself!  It's messy, but he's learning.  I know I've wished this year would hurry up and pass so he could be "normal", but man, I'm missing him being a baby.  He's growing up too fast.  *sniff*

Second side note: He now says "thank you" when I give him food.  double *sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment