Friday, May 6, 2011

My trip to Whole Foods and Sonic

Wow.  I haven't been to WF in over a month.  The only thing I really need to buy from WF is hulled millet and millet flour.  However, I always end up buying a cart load and spend way too much money there.  In an effort to avoid spending our whole paycheck at Whole Foods, I stocked up on my millet items over a month ago.  I finally ran out of millet this week.  I could not be happier!   

So today I went to WF.  Jake has since passed DAIRY and CORN.  Wow.  I know I keep saying that, but, Wow! I had so many CHOICES!  Did you know they make corn pasta?  Pasta!!  I almost fainted.  I bought corn tortillas (quesadilla anyone?), popcorn, cereal, corn meal, corn flour.  Sticking to my list, I also bought milk boxes, yogurt and buttermilk.  THEN... we went to the juice bar.  I ordered the kids a carrot and apple juice.  To die for.   It makes me really want a Vitamix. Jake was thrilled to be drinking something orange out of a straw cup like his brother. Oh happy day.  I really missed my Whole Foods "fix".  Once again I'm grounded for another 4-6 weeks.  It's like a sickness.

Next stop?  Sonic.  Did you know it was 100 degrees here today?  Hello heat.  I haven't missed you.  I hope your stay is short this summer.  A must in the summer is Sonic slushies.  If you go between 2 and 4 they're half price here.  For $2.30 I can buy four slushes.  Did you know they make a plain slush?  It's just frozen sugar water!  I talked to the girl on roller skates.  She verified with the manager inside.  Just frozen water and sugar.  Are you sure?  Yes.  Because my son has allergies.  Yes.

Jake's face was priceless as he slurped on his slush.  He was so happy. 

Things really are getting better around here.  We are going to survive this crazy FPIES.  Jake may never have McDonalds (rice flour on everything there!), but that's OK.  We're discovering other options. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment