Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Truth is..

Truth is... we've never really followed our allergists advice.  Dairy, check.  Wheat, check.  Soy?  Hmmmm.  Let's just say I plan to up my soy intake for the next few weeks as we start weaning.  That will be the last big bang. 

Truth is... I gave Jake formula.  He hated it, of course.  I really didn't expect any different.  He doesn't like anything but breast milk and water.  I will probably end up sneaking the can I bought into his food.  After that?  Who knows if I'll buy another can or not. 

Truth is... I kept a journal during my other older kids toddler-hood.  Guess what?  They ate the same foods Jake is eating practically, without breast milk or formula.  And they thrived.  They are now super intelligent, well functioning kids, who like sushi. 

Truth is... if Jake passes soy, I may try ascorbic acid next.  And if he passes that... I'm going all willy nilly on his diet and let him have anything that doesn't contain rice, oats, quinoa, beans or bananas. Period. 

Truth is... there's ascorbic acid in formula. He didn't react. WTF?  Gerber??  Do you have an answer?

Truth is... Mama gut hasn't failed me yet. 

2 comments:

  1. SOY!?! You crazy woman! :P You must be so thrilled. Something to be said for that mama 'gut'. Suppose they have a medical term for it? Cant wait to see how the next steps go! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just so excited for all of the success your little guy has had! You must be on cloud 9!!!! Go with your gut-- you are right. If it hasn't failed you yet, I would say that is a good sign! You are the Jake expert and you should be so proud to have brought him to this point!!! Please keep us posted!!! And good luck!

    ReplyDelete