Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Breaking from Eggs

*sigh*

Capital B.L.O.W.O.U.T. today.  Mucus.  Black specs. All up his back and down his legs. 

Part of me wants to press on with our egg trial.  Is that crazy? 

Today was Day 4.  We've had zero signs of discomfort or crankiness until this morning.  He was a little clingy for our weekly visit to visit Granddad in the nursing home.  But he eventually warmed up.  I attributed it to his molars starting to push through and no morning nap.

We came home.  I made lunch.  I gave him an entire egg (about 1 1/2 Tablespoons?), grapes, cheecha puffs and a millet cookie.  He ate most of it.  He was happy.  He was walking around, playing, while I cleaned up lunch.  Big Bro says "Jake stinks!".  I didn't see or hear him do his business.  I figured it would be normal.  But it wasn't.  It was a blowout.  He was fine after.  Two hours later, he's still fine.  He nursed well and is napping.  He was happy going to bed.

I'm not sure what to think.  Was it a crumb he picked up?  Was it the eggs?  I have to admit my housekeeping has been less than stellar this week.  DH is out of town.

I'm not sure what our next step will be.  But for now we'll take a break.  At least until DH is back in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment