Friday, February 18, 2011

Shelving Avocado

We did one day of avocado.  I felt like I would "know" after one taste of it.  While it wasn't a vomit/shock fail, it was not a normal food adjustment.  Cranky, clumsy, clingy... then a nasty diaper the next morning.  It seemed once it was out of his system, he returned to normal.  He had a normal diaper a few hours later.  It was enough for me to put it on the shelf for now.  I'm a little bummed because he needs the extra fat and calories.  I think we'll have a few days of nothing, then maybe coconut next.

Meanwhile,  I'm on the search for some grass-fed lamb.  I've contacted a local farm here and I believe I can get ground grass fed lamb for less than $10/lb.

I think the turkey is helping our sleep issues a bit.  He was up only two times last night.  Down from three times a night for the past week. Which is down from 4-5 times a night the week(s) before that!  He doesn't eat that much turkey, however.  I've had to trick him a bit.  I've found he prefers the ground turkey over the roasted turkey (which I ended up pureeing and hiding in his food).  But I can't think of anything else that is different over the past few weeks. Unless it's learning to walk?  Maybe that's wearing him out?  Either way it's progress.  I like progress, especially when it involves sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment