Thursday, October 28, 2010

Elimination Diet

Wow.  I didn't realize how tough this was going to be.  I'm tempted to start with just a few items to eat, like Jake, and grow from there.  Do I have the patience, strength and will to do this?  To do it for another year, most likely?  I'm hungry.  I'm really hungry.  I can't believe we're 3 days away from Halloween and I haven't had one piece of candy.  I've lost 6 pounds.  I guess the one positive is that my old jeans fit.  The bad news is that I get cranky when I'm hungry.  Every time Jake cries I wonder if it is something I ate and I blame myself.  I over analyze EVERYTHING.  He was up all night with the sore throat/fever virus he had.  But now that it's over, he's still up all night.  I'm pretty sure the big helping of snap peas I ate were a culprit on Sunday.  Then I made this hummus pasta for dinner on Tuesday night.  Is a chickpea a pea or a bean?  Or both?  Needless to say, I'm cutting beans out for now, too.  I'm pretty sure he was up 5,362 times last night.  Give or take a few.  Poor little man.  I just want him to be happy.  I just want Jake to feel good.  We haven't been trialing anything.  I'm anxious to see what comes back on his patch test in a few weeks.  I feel like that will definitely give us some direction and we can start trialing more confidently again.  In the meantime, I'm trying hard to keep my diet to a minimum and get Jake back to feeling good. 

I feel like nobody "gets" it.  No more fast food.  No more eating out.  I just canceled a trip I was supposed to take in a few weeks.  A friend's 40th birthday party in Southern Cal.  I was going to take a quick 24 hour trip.  When I agreed to go, I assumed Jake would be further along.  Eating more foods, nursing less.  I think the reality of this hadn't really set in.  It's starting to.

I'll take it day by day.  Today I continue to eat what I know I can eat.  Tonight, maybe we'll all sleep. 

1 comment: