Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Morning

It's Sunday morning, I'm barely out of my pj's at 10am, kids playing amongst what looks like the remnants of a tornado which we call our house, and mountains of laundry calling my name.  I'll get to it eventually today, but in the meantime I'm wondering what to trial for Jake this week.  I thought I would do something simple like white potatoes, then maybe olive oil and some spices.  However, Jake's been very constipated this week.  I'm thinking of trialing prunes.  I can't find any info on failing prunes with FPIES.  But how many babies are actually constipated with FPIES?  I don't think it's a food that gets trialed very often.  After three passes in a row, I think my confidence has grown, yet I feel like we're due for a fail.  This would not be the best week to have a reaction.  Hubs is leaving for two weeks for work.  Luckily I have the grandparents here in case I need some help if we have a reaction.  I think we'll do prunes this week, and maybe white potatoes next week.  That's the plan today, anyway.  We all know how quickly it can change.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, just checking out your blog for the first time. Olivia gets very constipated too and prunes is one of our few safe foods. She gets a few spoonfuls every other day when needed. How is your prune trial going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan! Thanks for commenting. I haven't started the prunes, yet. I'm single parenting this week and the grocery store without 3 kids seems to be a pipe dream. I will get there soon enough. Meanwhile we're just doing a little mini-trial of cinnamon. I'm thinking of trying prune juice, instead of actual prunes. Slipping a little into his food or water. Probably in a few days we'll give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete