Monday, October 18, 2010

Nighttime Nursing

The truth is, it's been over eight months of nursing around the clock.  Every 2-3 hoursDay and Night.  While Jake gets up 3-4 times a night still, his nursing sessions are shorter.  He nurses only 5-10 minutes.  Is he really hungry?  I'm starting to wonder if we are just in the rut of a very bad habit.  Yet, being the FPIES mom, I wonder how to make up those extra calories he'd be missing at night, if I were to stop.  However, he's a big fat baby.  I know it's not PC, but that's what we call him around here.  He has more chub than his siblings did.  And he's ACTIVE.  Crawling, cruising, and getting into everything.  He eats solid food three times a day, but nursing is still his main form of nutrition.  I've been toying with the idea of eliminating the nighttime feedings.  Mama guilt.  And then there's the torture of teaching a baby to sleep through the night.  I don't know if my heart can bear it right now.  Decisions.

In the meantime, we've put trialing on hold for now.  Jake's body needed a break.  I mentally needed a break.  The ascorbic acid really threw me for a loop and now I'm scared.  However, I did make it to Whole Paycheck  Foods this weekend.  I found the freeze dried pears (Crispy Greens).  Oh my goodness, he LOVES them!  I like them better than the Parent's Choice apples.  They seem to melt in your mouth much quicker.  I also picked up some Just Apples. I found Organic Prune juice that is JUST prune juice.  No ascorbic acid.  I have blueberries in the freezer, white potatoes in the pantry and now prune juice.  I have plenty of foods ready to go.  I just need the confidence. 

1 comment:

  1. Ohh.... the nursing guilt. I am convinced I'll be nursing G until I'm 65. I'll never sleep again! Hugs to you as you struggle with this. I have no answer for you and continue to simply give in.

    ReplyDelete