Sunday, March 6, 2011

Changing for the better

I think Jake's gut is changing.  For the better. Well, minus the egg incident.  I'm still not convinced it was a fail, though.  I like to live in denial.

Poop.  I'm going to talk about poop.  Jake has either had blowouts or constipation.  There has never been a middle of the road, normalness to his poop.  Until recently.  He's fairly normal.  Every other day.  Normal consistency.  I think his gut is changing.  Healing?

Food challenges.  I played it safe from 6 months to a year.  We challenged several foods in the same food families, not really going out on a limb.  I think his gut needed this time for healing.  I've been a little more daring with the eggs, coconut and turkey (with natural flavorings, that was scary).  I'm not so sure Jake would have passed any of those 6 months ago. 

I'm declaring coconut a very easy pass.  And a great addition to his diet.  I will continue to feed it to him every day.  His new favorite is coconut applesauce. 

Today I'm starting sorghum flour.  It's in the same family as millet, but a little easier to work with.  It should open more options for us. 

Coconut milk will be trialed sometime in the future.  Guar gum comes from a bean.  Hmpf.  I'm not sure if I'm ready to go down that road. 

I've been in a baking funk this past week with all my coconut flour fails.  Maybe if I combine it with some sorghum I'll have better luck.  Hopefully I can spend some time in the kitchen this week and get my groove back!

No comments:

Post a Comment