Monday, March 28, 2011

One of THOSE nights.

I'm left wondering.... reaction or stomach bug?

We had dinner at my parents house around 5pm.  My mom set out a big plate of strawberries.  I have been giving Jake strawberries off and on, when I had them, if we weren't trialing anything.  Not an official trial, but a trial nonetheless. He's had a quite a few lately.  I'm not sure how many times he's had them though.  Four, five, maybe?  (must be more vigilant with the food journal, kicking myself)

He BEGGEDI CAVED.  He had a strawberry.

Fast forward 11 hours.  YES, 11 hours.  He's crying in his bed.  He's covered in vomit.  I bathe him.  He vomits again.  I nurse him.  He vomits again.  Then he's WIRED.  Running around like a crazy guy.  Alternating between whiny, clingy baby, and rambunctious, hyper boy.  Three hours later, he asks for milk and to go to sleep.  He nurses and is now napping.  At 7am.

Sounds more like a mild reaction.  Certainly not shock-like symptoms.

The flip side... his five year old brother was up all night two nights ago vomiting.

I really thought the strawberries were safe.  He had no GI issues eating them in the past.

So which is it?  *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I hate the figuring it out part! So stressful! The only real way to know is to give the food again and for me I usually just decide that there are so many foods out there that we haven't trailed that I just call it a fail for now. Our doctor doesn't like my methods and is always pushing me to give it another try but shes not hearing the screaming all night so I just say I'm not comfortable with retrialing it at this moment :-)

    ReplyDelete