Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Probiotics

I think our next trial is going to be probiotics... for the whole family.  I've been doing some research and am slowly becoming convinced.  My family eats yogurt, so we do get some probiotics.  I drink Kefir.  But not every day. 

It's been a rough year for our little family with sickness.  My kids NEVER get sick.  However, my daughter has been sick three times already this year.  Between the five of us, we've been hit with the flu (even with flu shots), strep throat, fevers, viruses and colds all in the past few months.  We eat healthy.  We wash our hands.  Probiotics will just be another defense for us.  For Jake, I'm hoping it will help level out some good bacteria in his gut for some healing. 

Next is to decide which probiotic?  I'm leaning towards Culturelle.  It seems very allergy friendly. Off to research some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment