Monday, March 7, 2011

I take it back... just a little.

You know when you put everything out for the universe to see, it's bound to bite you back.

I felt so confident about Jake after yesterday's post. 

Yesterday I made these flatbread/tortillas for Jake (and the rest of us).  I changed it up by using half sorghum and half millet flour.  They were so yummy.  Jake ate one for his first day of sorghum.  For my big kids I toasted them a bit longer until they were a little crispy.  I topped them with black beans, shredded cheese and shredded lettuce.  I wish I would have taken a picture.  They looked yummy. 

Again, I was feeling confident about Jake's gut yesterday.  So I ate one (OK, two) of these little bean tostada creations.  I haven't had any legumes for quite a while now.  I guess I was testing his gut.  Mean Mommy.  Better to test through me than directly, though.

Yesterday afternoon Jake woke up C.R.A.N.K.Y.  He's been so happy, 24/7, lately.  I knew something was up.  I'm not blaming the sorghum.  It was our first day.  I'm blaming myself.  If it had been the sorghum, I'm sure I would have saw the diaper right away.  Instead we had a rough night.  Then at 5:30am, there were cries.  Then the smell.  Other FPIES Mommies know that diaper smell.  Sure enough, beans are still a no-go.  Of course I don't know for sure, it could be the sorghum.  But I highly doubt it.  He'll be getting more sorghum today.  I will not eat anything I'm not supposed to.  I will play it safe. 

Sorry, Jake.  I didn't want to give you a tummy ache.  Now I know.  You're not fully healed.  Just wishful thinking I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment