Thursday, March 3, 2011

Coconut, day 4!

So far, so good! 

The only thing I have noticed is better sleep at night (well, 2 of the last 3 nights). 

Coincidence?  Or Coconut?

Here's my only frustration... baking with coconut flour.  I have YET to figure it out.  And I thought millet was hard.  Here's the thing...  Coconut flour likes to be baked with eggs.  We can't do eggs...yet.  (I'm still hopeful)  The egg replacements I've tried are not working.  Or maybe I need MORE of them since coconut flour is extremely absorbent.  I'm going to make one more effort today with the coconut flour and crossing my fingers and toes I can make something that doesn't dissolve into a powder when I touch it.

Meanwhile, our trials have consisted of coconut/millet granola and coconut sweet potatoes.  I've been adding a few teaspoons of organic unsweetened shredded coconut to Jake's sweet potatoes.  He's been taking them OK, although he prefers his sweet potatoes straight up. 

Since I haven't seen any sort of build symptoms, I'm banking on a pass this week with the coconut.  I think I'm going to try coconut milk next week.  However, I need to look up what all the "extras" are.  Guar Gum?  What the heck is Guar Gum?  Off to research...

No comments:

Post a Comment