Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1 Coconut

Day One of coconut went great!  I made up some millet/coconut granola for Jake.  I used millet puffs, organic shredded unsweetened coconut, freeze dried blueberries, raisins and coconut oil.  I Toasted it for about 10 minutes at 300 degrees and it was a success!  Jake ate it off his tray just like he does his puffs.  It was very messy, too, just like his puffs!  I added some to my yogurt this morning.  Delish!

I ventured to Whole Foods yesterday to pick up some coconut flour.  I'm going to attempt some popular coconut banana muffins that have shown up on the BabyCenter FPIES board recently.  Minus the banana, of course.  I also picked up some coconut water and coconut milk.  The milk has a lot of "other" stuff in it though.  I think if we pass coconut, I'll trial the milk separately.  I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself. 

Here's the strangest thing about yesterday...  He only woke up once last night.  What???  Huh???  He hasn't been up less than 4 times a night for the past, I don't know how long.  Is it the coconut?  I'm really not sure how much he actually ate.  I put a pile of the granola on his tray.  I didn't know how much would actually get in his mouth.  Then the hubs was in charge while I ran some errands.  Hubs said he ate "a lot" of it.  We're real specific around here.  Then again, maybe it was the large amount of turkey he ate yesterday?  I don't know, but today I feel like Superwoman!  Jake woke up very happy, too.  I will gladly just take the good night of sleep without an explanation at this point. 
 
Today is a good day. 

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for coconut! I think this will have to be on our list soon, along with potatoes. It seems so yummy and versatile and full of good stuff. I am still bummed for you guys about the avocado though. Maybe sometime soon.... it's such a big hit around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam did great sleeping when we started coconut too!! I think it is the fat and the "tummy calming" effects of it. Go coconut!!!!

    ReplyDelete