Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gaining Weight

Because there is never a dull moment around this household... Jake woke up yesterday with PINK EYE.  A quick visit to our ped resulted in some drops and quick weigh in.  Wow.  He's up to 18 lbs 2.5 oz!  I was so happy!  Almost a full pound in the last month.  I kept a journal on big bro Zach (now 5).  I looked back at his weight stats.  He was about the same as Jake.  However, I was reminded that between 9 and 12 months he had no weight gain.  That's the time he took off crawling, climbing, and running.  All that activity, coupled with self-feeding, starting to wean off breastmilk, meant no weight gain.  He didn't have a limited diet like Jake will.  This just brought on some worries about what the future will bring for my little man.  Keeping positive... we have a great baseline

No comments:

Post a Comment