Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thankfully he doesn't react to COFFEE

Well, I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the squash, yet.  But I will say yesterday was just an OFF kind of day.  Jake was really gassy, burpy, clingy and just plain not happy.  While he's normally easy to put down for a nap, yesterday it took me over an hour just to get him to go to sleep, then he only slept for about 45 minutes.  The night was miserable, as well.  He was up at 11:30, 2, 3, 4, 5 and then I gave up.  Three of the times he was up he had pooped.  I'm not sure whether to blame the squash or not.  His top two teeth look like they're going to come through pretty soon.  And he won't have a real reaction until he's had the food 3 or 4 times.  This was just the first day.  I'm going to skip squash today and try again tomorrow. Let his tummy feel better today.  Hopefully get some rest tonight.  He's already on his second nap of the day and it's only 10:30.  Poor little man is tired. Thank God he doesn't react to coffee in my milk.  I don't think I would have survived the morning without it.  I'm sure I see a Diet Dr. Pepper in my future, as well.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm.... diet Dr. Pepper. Perhaps they would donate to the CHOP FPIES research and be the sponsor of all FPIES moms. I'd wear the T-shirt! Hope squash turns out okay. We're on pins and needles over here with quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should write Dr. Pepper about a donation! A diet Dr. Pepper each day is my coffee! Sometimes I need two!!!

    ReplyDelete