Friday, September 17, 2010

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

Today is day three of the carrot trial.  I sit and I watch the clock.  Jake's FPIES reactions happen on that third or fourth try of a food, two hours after ingestion.  Today I was brave and went to a play date with Big Bro Z.  I thought for sure we'd be home by the time that two hour mark hit.  I fed Jake his carrots and sweet potatoes at 10:45 while Z played.  When it was 12:30, I started gathering our things to head home.  We didn't get out of there until after 1:00.  Thankfully, we had no reaction.  Not even a hiccup.  I don't know what I was thinking, but time kind of escaped us.  But, if Jake is going to have a reaction I can usually tell.  He's cranky, he stiffens, he arches his back.  We call it the scorpion move. This starts an hour before his reaction.  He didn't have any of the warning signs.  I'm crossing my fingers that we have another food to add to our safe list.  Especially with all those carrot cubes in our freezer!  We'll see what tomorrow brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment