Saturday, September 18, 2010

Rice is not nice

Wednesday was Grammy's birthday.  She requested salmon for her birthday dinner.  I usually serve it with rice, but decided to do quinoa since I'm eliminating rice from my diet.  Grammy had never had quinoa before, and I thought she would like it, too.  On a whim, I picked up some sushi.  Bam.  The next day, Jake was spitting up.  Just a little bit.  I was bummed.  I thought it might be the quinoa.  I didn't realize until right this second, that it was the rice in the sushi!  The hubs is making dinner tonight and mentioned he would pick up some sushi, too.  I said I would pass since I'm not eating rice. Then it dawned on me.  I had three pieces on Wednesday!  That must be why he spit up!  So no more sushi for me.  Sushi is one of my favorites.  I gave it up while I was pregnant.  I guess I will give it up once again.  On the positive side, maybe quinoa is something Jake will be able to tolerate. 

1 comment: