Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sweet Potatoes and Pears

The one good thing about ignoring the three day wait rule when we first started feeding Jake... he tried quite a few foods the first few weeks of solids.  We found his reactions occurred the 2nd or 3rd time the food was consumed.  We learned quickly that he could eat sweet potatoes!  Sweet potatoes are versatile too... mashed, boiled, baked, fried... however it always tastes the same.  At least we can play with texture a bit.  He had tried pears a few times those first few weeks. I thought it may prove to be a safe food, as well. He's had pears every day for over a week now.  Jake can eat two foods!  I'm afraid to try anything else.  The reactions are just so awful to watch him go through.  So we'll stay with these two until we visit the GI doc next week. 

I'm trying to come up with some questions and figure out what I want out of this GI appointment.  I don't need him to diagnose Jake with anything.  I just want a PLAN.  I don't want any unnecessary tests either.  I just want a plan. Meanwhile, I'm trying to come up with some questions to ask the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment